myclinic.ng is an online, on-demand platform that enables anyone from anywhere to see and talk to a doctor at anytime simply using a mobile app. We thus minimize costly, time consuming and sometimes unnecessary hospital visits.
Our platform also integrates diagnostics laboratories across Nigeria which significantly broadens the spectrum of conditions that can be managed using online consultation. Kindly go through these terms and conditions and understand them. These terms and conditions covers all the services we offer via our Web, Android and iOS platforms collectively referred to as “services”. Any references to myclinic.ng, “our”, “us”, "Ourselves", “we” and “company” are references to Myclinic Healthcare Solutions Nigeria Limited, a limited liability company registered under the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (RC: 1551568). While "Client", "You" and "Your" refers to you, the person accessing this website or Our mobile Applications and accepting the Company's terms and conditions. The term “platform” refers to our web, IOS and Android applications.
These Terms and Conditions also covers all other websites and services registered under the company.
Our clients will receive healthcare services from Nigerian health practitioners who are operating under the laws of the federal republic of Nigeria. These terms will cover the requirements for using our services and a comprehensive complaint procedure. Upon registration, these conditions shall be set forth before you to read and accept. If you find any of the terms of service unacceptable or inconvenient, you are always free to decline using our service. Your rights shall be clearly laid out in this document, and we will surely notify you when these conditions or rights change. Upon notifying you of the changes, it shall be assumed that you have accepted the amendments. This document shall explain how your personal data will be used by our company, which is accessible on our website, iOS and Android App. If you have any suggestions or complaints about these terms and conditions, kindly contact us via: email@example.com
We provide on-demand online medical consultations for mild cases that do not require a physical examination in which otherwise the patients may resort to self medication because of lack of access to a qualified medical professional. We provide these services through the following:
1. Video call through our web, iOS and Android platforms.
2. Artificial Intelligence powered symptoms checker.
3. Hardware that allows patients to talk to a doctor in remote resource constrained settings.
4. Our services do not cover medical emergencies, if you have an emergency, rush to the nearest hospital.
5. Any condition that cannot be managed online shall be referred to the nearest hospital immediately by the consulting doctor.
6. Our practitioners only manage mild cases that do not require physical examination and are not emergencies.
7. Our Artificial Intelligence powered symptoms checker only gives you suggestions as to the likely cases based on the symptoms you input; the tool is not in any way conclusive. Always talk to a doctor about your symptoms.
8. The use of the services is strictly governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, if you are accessing these services from another country, kindly check the laws of the country guiding the usage of our services. We shall not be responsible for any laws outside the federal republic of Nigeria.
9. The App is not suitable for unrestricted usage by individuals below 16 years of age.
Our doctors first of all establish if a case can be managed online, if not, they are mandated to refer to the nearest Hospital listed on the platform. If the case can be managed online but requires a laboratory investigation; the doctor may request for certain tests to be carried out and uploaded back on the platform. If a case requires physical examination whether mild or severe, the doctor is mandated to refer the patient to the nearest hospital listed on the platform.
Our doctors may prescribe medicines for all cases that can be managed online.
All doctors on our platform are fully qualified and licenced by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN).
Adults may consult medical practitioners on our site on behalf of children.
The main type of information we hold about you is health and medical information: information about your health, symptoms, treatments, consultations and sessions, medications and procedures. This includes details of your consultations with our doctors, and interactions with our digital services.We get some of this information directly from you, when you register with us and when you use our healthcare services. We will receive your medical history from the information you furnish to us. If you have given consent for us to do so, we will retain the consultation notes that we take during your use of the service. Any correspondence we receive from you is uploaded electronically to your myclinic.ng medical record.
We always rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by accessing the privacy settings on our platform. You also have specific rights under the NITDA Guideline, and CCA 2015 to:
1. Wherever we process data based on your consent, withdraw that consent at any time. You can do this via the privacy section of our platform;
2. Understand and request a copy of the information we hold about you; including consultation notes and laboratory test results.
3. Ask us to rectify or erase information we hold about you, subject to limitations relating to our obligation to store medical records for prescribed periods of time;
4. Ask us to restrict our processing of your personal data or object to our processing; and
5. Ask for your data to be provided remotely.
All payments to myclinic.ng are processed directly through a third party payment processor who stores your payment details and transactions. We will only retain details of your transactions on our secure servers and never your debit or credit card information.
Doctors on our platform are mandated to always refer patients whose conditions cannot be adequately managed without a physical examination or for patients whose cases are severe. The nature of the relationship between myclinic.ng and partner referral hospitals is outlined below:
1. Doctors may refer patients to any hospital listed on myclinic.ng platform.
2. UReferral hospitals will have access to doctor's referral notes on myclinic.ng using a secure login.
3. myclinic.ng shall not be liable for any data loss originating from any referral hospital due unauthorized access or mishandling of login credentials or through the use of vulnerable networks.
Doctors on our platform may send for a laboratory investigation when cases can be managed without a physical examination but with the aid of a laboratory test. Therefore:
1. Doctors on our platform may refer patients to laboratories near them to undergo test in order to aid their diagnosis.
2. Referral Laboratories will have access to the patient's laboratory test request forms and are able to upload results back on the platform using a secure login. myclinic.ng shall not be liable for any data loss originating from any referral laboratory due unauthorized access or mishandling of login credentials or through the use of vulnerable networks.
Unless otherwise stated, myclinic.ng and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on myclinic.ng. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from https://www.myclinic.ng for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
● Republish material from https://www.myclinic.ng
● Sell, rent or sub-license material from https://www.myclinic.ng
● Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from https://www.myclinic.ng
● Redistribute content from myclinic.ng (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
The following organizations may link to our Web site without prior written approval: Government agencies; Search engines; News organizations; Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our Web site in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Web sites of other listed businesses; and Systemwide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Website.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party's site.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we determine that: (a) the link would not reflect unfavorably on us or our accredited businesses (for example, trade associations or other organizations representing inherently suspect types of business, such as work-at-home opportunities, shall not be allowed to link); (b) the organization does not have an unsatisfactory record with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility associated with the hyperlink outweighs the absence of ; and (d) where the link is in the context of general resource information or is otherwise consistent with editorial content in a newsletter or similar product furthering the mission of the organization.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Web site information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and it products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party's site. If you are among the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must notify us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Web site, and a list of the URL(s) on our site to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response. Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Web site as follows:
● By use of our corporate name; or
● By use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
● By use of any other description of our Web site or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party's site. No use of myclinic.ng's logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement or a signed Memorandum of Understanding.
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Web site. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Web site upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Web site, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your Web site. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your Website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your Web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
● limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
● limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
● limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
● exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
For more information, contact us at:
Myclinic Healthcare Solutions Nigeria Limited
1 M. M. Alkali Street, Off 442 Crescent, Citec Villas, Gwarinpa, Abuja.